CSL Plasma Paramedic OR Nurse - LPN, LVN or RN (Medical Staff Associate) in Decatur, Georgia
Paramedic OR Nurse - LPN, LVN or RN (Medical Staff Associate)United States of AmericaR-0740372015 CSL Plasma
1 Promotes positive customer relations with all donors.
2 Conducts confidential and effective interviews with donors to obtain necessary information regarding suitability to donate plasma.
3 In conjunction with the Center Medical Director and/or Center Physician responds to medically related questions from staff including donor suitability and provides information to staff on medically related issues.
4 Performs medical history reviews and health assessments on donors. Assesses results of donor screening and laboratory tests to determine initial and continuing donor suitability.
5 Notifies and counsels donors regarding reactive test results. Refers donors to community facilities for follow-up and counseling.
6 Explains informed consent to applicant donors. This includes explanation of procedures, hazards and potential adverse events; explanation of immunization schedules, dose and antibody response; providing clear opportunity for donor to refuse participation; obtaining signature and date certifying informed consent.
7 Handles medical emergencies at the Center by providing routine care as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); elevates situations to Center Physician or local medical service providers as required. Periodically checks emergency kits to assure supplies are present and in-date.
8 Reviews test results and determines continued donor suitability. Follows SOPs regarding acceptable ranges of four-month required test (PE/STS) reports. Maintains knowledge of and apply all rules regarding four-month approvals and grace periods.
9 Assess signs and symptoms a donor may exhibit that may result in the inability to continue donating.
10 Manages employee hepatitis B and influenza immunization program, including administration of immunizations.
11 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center where applicable, and oversees donor immunization programs. Reviews antibody titer results as required. Maintains awareness of appropriate immunization schedule for each antigen.
12 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
13 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these internal procedures and documentation.
14 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
15 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
16 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
17 Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Graduation from a paramedic, nursing, physician assistant, chiropractic, medical school or naturopathic medical training program
• If graduation is from a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school, must also currently be licensed as a physician or state certification as an emergency medical technician
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in a health care environment
• Experience in a plasma or whole blood collection center or other regulated environment preferred
• Ability to make and analyze a physical assessment of heart, lung sounds, signs of drug use, etc.
• Ability to instruct donors, staff and community regarding the benefit of plasma donation programs
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Examine and assess the skin and other abnormalities through sight, touch and smell
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Street Address1283 Columbia Drive
Primary LocationCSL Plasma US-Decatur 104
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement