CSL Plasma Asst Lab I-3rd in Knoxville, Tennessee
Asst Lab I-3rdUnited States of AmericaR-0818612015 CSL Plasma
1 Assists in the preparation of materials for testing. Aids professional/certified individuals in the performance of various laboratory tests. These duties include, but are not limited to receipt and preparation of samples through front-end automation, refrigerated and frozen storage/archive of samples, use of computerized reports in retrieval and reconciliation of samples from archive for additional testing, and preparation of buffer materials.
2 Participates in continuing education.
3 Receives specimens and some supplies. Processes and records information received from collection centers. Handles and tracks donor samples from receipt to final testing.
4 Performs proper disposal of samples into biohazard containers after testing is complete.
5 Follows all safety regulations, Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies and rules. Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
6 Operates, maintains and troubleshoots instrumentation within assigned department. Uses company laboratory computerized inventory management system to locate, track and determine testing status of samples. May handle positive samples.
7 Works within current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) guidelines and adheres to all regulatory standards within the Lab.
8 Assists with monitoring of inventory levels for laboratory supplies applicable to assigned department. Notifies supervisor of inventory needs.
9 Other job-related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Basic computer skills required. Previous lab-related experience preferred.
(physical & mental requirements) • Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
• Understands complex problems to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
• Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
• Ability to compose letters, outlines, memorandum and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information
• Standing and walking up to 3 hours with moderate amount of bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing and twisting
• Ability to lift or carry up to 10 lbs
• Overtime and working extended hours may be required to support Laboratory operational needs
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Street Address1001 Corridor Park Blvd
Primary LocationCSL Plasma US-Knoxville Lab
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.
CSL makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran) or other classification protected by applicable US federal, state or local law. CSL complies with all applicable employment laws, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Immigration Reform and Control Act. https://www.cslbehring.com/careers/eeo-statement